IMAGE: CAFUEGO BLOG - Yes, Andy Fitzsimon, this header image is ironic
Tuesday 24 July, 2007 @ 11:49:24 by Cafuego
mel8 / proposals

So, with mini-conf proposal submission officially closed and talk and tutorial proposal submissions unofficially open for a few more days to get in the stragglers, it's time continue the tradition and start converting submission data into graphs!

Up first, number of proposal submissions by date. As you can see, this year we have an even more pronounced spike at the official closing date (July 20) than in 2007. Interestingly, we show a small hump a week out from submission close, just like Sydney did in 2007. Those reminders must actually work!

Proposal submission count by date

Next, a breakdown by day of week and hour of day. For some reason weekday submissions mostly happen in the afternoons, whereas weekend submissions happen in the morning.

Proposal subkission count by hour and weekday

I wonder if that means Aussies and kiwis submit on the boss' time, whereas overseas presenters do it in their own time. I haven't get added geographic info to the submission data, but it might make for a revealing graph :-)

Friday 20 July, 2007 @ 15:18:25 by Cafuego
mel8 / last day

Mel8ourne LogoToday is officially the last day before proposal submissions for Linux.conf.au 2008 close.

You must submit!!!

Thursday 3 August, 2006 @ 15:55:46 by Cafuego
mel8 / yay

MEL8OURNEWell, I guess it's official. Linux.conf.au 2008 is going to be held in Melbourne!

Yay team! Now the actual work begins ;-)